Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Christmas Break 2014 Recap - The Lazy Edition

I still can't figure out why 2 weeks goes by so quickly!!  Christmas break ended up being a nice balance of spending time with friends and family, enjoying all of our new stuff, and being completely and totally lazy.  I definitely spent more time in PJs or sweatpants than I did in real clothes over the course of the 2 week break, and I consider that to be the sign of a good vacation.

The day after Christmas (Friday), the boys spent a huge chunk of time in the morning enjoying their new toys, and I spent a huge chunk of time in this position:


Oh yes.  Those are new slippers. New PJs. New blanket that is like a little slice of heaven covering your body.  Those are my kids in the distant background, playing and not fighting.  That's coffee in my hand.  Basically, this is a picture of pure, mama bliss, my friends.  Soak.it.up.

 

The boys loved checking out all of their new toys, and it was even warm enough to test out roller blades and roller skates in the driveway that afternoon! In pajamas...obviously.




On Monday, Nana and PopPop headed home and the kids were stuck with just me once again :) I went from knowing nothing about Beyblades (one of the most coveted items on Jake's Santa wish list) to being an expert by the end of the day.  #boymama


We enjoyed some new Wii games, including Ninja Turtles (which I don't really understand how to play, but Jake loves it) and Toy Story Mania (which the whole family loves):


Jake taught me how to play chess....maybe "tried" to teach me is a better way of putting it.


 



we played a lot of Go Fish:


We read some books....


Watched some movies:

Popcorn and a movie at 10am?  Sure, why not?  it's Christmas break!
The kids spent a lot of time breaking in their new markers and colored pencils:



Gracie did a whole lot of this:


And of course, there was lots of time for snuggles:

My new mug from Anthropologie!!  Thanks, mom!

Liam often asks to "hold hands in the house" <3 comment-3--="">




One night, the kids begged and begged to have a sleepover in Liam's room.  We figured it's break, why not let them try?  They LOVED it.  And actually did it a few more times over break :)

Jake the bed hog

That's it for part 1...you can probably see why I titled this recap the lazy edition.  I promise, we really did leave the house over break.  Not much, but we did.  Until next time, Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

So jealous of your down time - even when we have days off we always seem to have something to do so we can't just relax. Or maybe its just me :)
Funny about the sleeping in same bed/room. Ever since we got bunk beds for girls and switched Eamon out of the crib to toddler bed he refuses to sleep in his room. Its a nightly toss up between who will sleep with Keira (she has the double) and if its Caileigh (who has the top bunk) then Eamon will sleep on the floor. Then ever since I started telling people this they were like, "oh yeah all of our kids sleep in the same bed/room". I said we have a 4 BR house and we use 2 of them! Hello - exercise room for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...