Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December!

I'm a day late, and I haven't had a chance to do Thanksgiving recap posts yet, but you know I couldn't let December slide in here without giving it a proper welcome! 
image courtesy of funnybox
The decorations are up at our house, lights are on, and I think I heard a little rumor from the North Pole that our Elf on the Shelf will be arriving this week.  Santa upgraded his stationary this year with this adorable customized sheet:

image courtesy of designeditor.typepad.com

The kids are going to be so excited to get their arrival letter on that!  You can get your free copy here: http://designeditor.typepad.com/design_editor/2011/11/free-download-santas-stationery.html

I think the Elf will also use some of these little notes this year:


Those (and others!) can all be printed FREE here (they print without the watermark): http://www.localfunforkids.com/home/10-free-elf-on-the-shelf-printable-poems.html

We still need to get our tree (which will probably happen this weekend) and we have a super secret Christmas surprise coming up for the kids on Saturday....I don't want to give away too many details, but let me just tell you it involves a train, Santa, and Elsa and Anna.  'nuff said. 

As I've tried my hardest to do the past few years, I will continue to slow down and enjoy the season. Of course, I still have shopping, and wrapping, and Christmas card addressing to do....but it will get done.  I may be up late some nights, but it will get done....the more important thing is that we all get to enjoy the month of December together.  It's my favorite month, so why stress myself out over insignificant things?  And when all else fails, I'll remember this:

image courtesy of printabledecor.net

All is calm...including me.

And when all else fails, I'll whip up a batch of my Christmas Sangria (recipe found here) and pop in my "Love Actually" DVD...works like a charm every time.


image courtesy of shopsilverbox.com


I hope your Christmas prep is coming along nicely!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...