Monday, September 15, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

You guys...I think fall might be here.  I'm scared to jinx is but SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! :)  The weather this weekend was super fall like and cozy...and we loved it.

We didn't have any real plans this weekend, which was great...it gave me time to do some meal prep for the week and organize a few things that have been completed neglected recently.  The meal prep was important because lately I've been coming home from work at 5:30 and asking myself this question:



But first, Friday night was the perfect movie and snuggling night.  Our neighbor had loaned us "Kung Fu Panda", which made the kids laugh hysterically.

 

I might have taken advantage of that time by sneaking some glances at these little gems....


I had been invited out to a girls night with some fellow preschool moms, and as much as I wanted to go, I just couldn't muster up the energy to join them once I finally got the kids put to bed :(  Brian tried to convince me to go out and that he could try to get them to bed, but I didn't want him to have to do that, I know it's difficult for him to move around that much or bend over.  And honestly, I was fine with just putting on my PJs and plopping down in front of HGTV after they went to bed!

On Saturday, Brian had his first physical therapy appointment; he still can't drive, so the boys and I had to be his chauffeur service.  :)  Our original plan was to head to a playground near the PT office, but it was drizzling when we went to leave...fortunately, Plan B was even better...Dunkin Donuts!!  Pumpkin lovers rejoice....the pumpkin donuts are back!! YUM.

 

Clearly, they both went with the chocolate donut.

PS-see how I'm wearing a scarf??  I busted out the boots too.

Anyway-Brian's therapy appointment went well, but he was s.o.r.e. for the rest of the day.  His next appointment is Tuesday night, so hopefully it will get easier for him.

Saturday afternoon brought some errands during Liam's nap while Jake had a friend over to play, early bedtime for the kiddos who were wiped out from playing outside in the afternoon, and Brian and I watched "21 Jump Street" that we had on DVR.  It was pretty good, an easy to watch, didn't have to think about kind of movie...which is exactly what we were looking for.  (we watched Divergent last weekend-loved it!)

Sunday morning was church/Sunday school, here are the kids heading into their classroom; I swear I didn't coordinate their clothes on purpose, but once I noticed I had to take a picture! Jake was cold :)


Sunday afternoon I was able to get a bunch of silly stuff organized....nothing that was a huge project, but little things, like rearranging the drawer that has my potholders in it so that it doesn't jam every time I open it.  I also made Pasta-Fagiola type soup for dinner (recipe here: http://misadventuresinbabyland.blogspot.com/2013/01/recipe-pasta-fagiola-type-soup.html), and prepped some breaded chicken to pop in the oven for tonight. The kids played outside for awhile, then Jake did his homework...next thing we knew it was bedtime for the kids, and Big Brother time for us! (don't judge.)

Another weekend of doing not a whole lot, but feeling like we got a whole lot done.  I'll take it. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...