Friday, August 8, 2014

Favorite Finds Friday



Favorite Find #1: American Eagle Boy Jean Crop

For years, I lived in my crop jeans from the Gap in the summer.  They were a dark wash and they had a nice big cuff at the bottom that I liked.  Sadly, I had to retire those crops last summer :(  They were just way too low cut in the back for me to be comfortable in either at work or doing things with the boys...and the material was pretty much permanently stretched out, the bum area started to sag within just a few hours of having them on.

I was on a mission to find a new pair this year, and in the spring, I noticed that a fellow baseball mom had on an adorable pair.  I asked her where she got them, and I was really surprised to hear that the answer was American Eagle!  Friends, I have not stepped into an American Eagle store since I was probably 20 years old working at the movie theater and being a mall rat on my breaks.  But hey, this mom seemed to like them, so they were worth a shot!  A few weeks later, I noticed they were having a huge sale (they were $19.99!) and offering free shipping (and AE is one of those great stores where you can return things to the store....who wants to have to pay for return shipping??) 

disclosure: not me.
disclosure: this is me.  in a bathroom.


 I love, love, love these crops.  So much so that I may even try a pair of their regular jeans for the fall.  They are soft, comfortable, minimal stretching, and (the best part) the back comes up high enough that I don't have to worry about giving a free show to anyone (with the front still low enough to be flattering)

Favorite Find #2: I Didn't Come Here to Make Friends by Courtney Robertson

Ok, so my last favorite find Friday mentioned something about a former Bachelor contestant, and now this one does, too.  Stop immediately with the judgement, we all have our vices.


Anyway-this book was available for my kindle from my local library, so OF COURSE I snatched it up because BACHELOR.  If you are at all familiar with this franchise, you know that Courtney Robertson was from Ben's season and is probably one of the biggest "villains" in the history of this show.  Like most of America, this girl got under my skin while on the show, but man was this book entertaining!  Assuming that it's even half true, it made me feel sorry for her and I also loved reading some of the bachelor secrets about the show.  Easy read, two thumbs up from this gal! 

Favorite Find #3: Walmart Chicken Tray

No, this isn't a joke.  Remember when I said I was scaling back on my luau prep and the time and effort I had to put into it?  One of the things I decided to do was rather than making a bunch of smaller dishes, I was just going to order 2 big chicken trays from walmart.  We had purchased one for Jake's birthday party in January, so I knew it was tasty.  For $65 I was able to order one large and one medium size tray, which gave me 12+ pounds of meat.  I ordered chicken tenders, boneless wings (my personal favorite!) and chicken poppers.  The platters were empty by the end of the night, so it must have been good!


If you are hosting a get together and want a simple, tasty way to feed your guests, definitely check out their trays!!

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Sarita @ it's my girls' world said...

Stopping by from the link up. THose jeans look amazing!

Emmy said...

Thanks for stopping by, Sarita!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...