Monday, November 14, 2011

Stay away from my kids!

I'm looking at you when I say that, stomach flu virus.  ICK.  Last Monday, Jake was sent home from daycare (along with a handful of other kids) with the stomach flu.  I stayed home with him on Tuesday (and spend his afternoon nap time sanitizing the house, washing sheets & towels, etc...trying to keep it from spreading). 

Fast forward to Saturday, Jake was in better spirits, but Liam didn't seem like himself as much.  Brian was out of town on a man weekend with his dad to fish (he picked a great weekend to not be home, right?), but fortunately, my mom was at my house helping out with the boys.  We noticed that Liam seemed clingier & fussy, although I was initially chalking it up to the tooth that is trying to poke through.  But, by mid afternoon it became obvious that he had also come down with the flu.  I will spare you the nasty details, but let's just say there was a LOT of clean up involved.  Ourselves, his clothes, my floors, towels, sheets...the list goes on & on.  He was up a few times throughout the night and was just a mess in general.

A big shout-out to my mom for being there to help---I would have lost my mind (more so than I was already doing-on Sunday, I declared I was ready to go back to work, which I never say!!) had she not been there.  Thanks, GG!!!

Fortunately, Sunday seemed to be a bit better (aside from the fact that there was so much laundry, my laundry chute actually jammed at one point).  Liam took a nice long nap on my mom in the morning (after barely napping at all the day before), which gave Jake & I a chance to make some FunFetti cupcakes. 

The best part of FunFetti cupcakes?  The fact that there is always extra icing left in the end...but don't tell Jake that, I hid it in the back of the fridge for my own guilty indulgence :) 

So, hopefully no one else is affected by this bug!  On a lighter note, here are the kiddos on a healthier day being their cute & goofy selves:

Happy Monday, everyone!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...